We are hiring! Seeking talented Development Producer
Role: Development Producer
Type: Freelance, part time (1-2 days per week with flexibility required)
Fee: Dependent on experience with a total fee of £10,000
Date: immediate start until December 2021, with the possibilty to continue into 2022 with successfully comissioned films.
Location: As the position is remote, applications are welcomed from anywhere within the UK, but priority will be given to applications from the South West of England.
Reporting to: Director
Deadline: 5 pm 7th March 2021
Satya films is looking to recruit an experienced and passionate development producer to work throughout 2021. You will be responsible for progressing various documentary projects from initial ideas through to commission. At this stage there are at least three ideas that already have some development funding. The role will involve juggling the projects at different stages of development.
You need to have a good understanding of the documentary industry both in the UK and internationally, with an awareness of the previous and current land scape and potential gaps. You will be required to flesh out and test ideas, and work towards securing funding and commissions. You will also have experience in writing or adapting high quality pitches and treatments.
This is a part time, freelance role to start as soon as possible and will run at least until the end of 2021, with the possibility of continuing to a producer role with successfully commissioned or funded projects.
This role will be in close collaboration with, and supported by, the director.
• Rigorously researching and testing ideas to establish commission potential
• Actively connecting with commissioners with creativity and initiative (with the support of the director)
• Writing or reshaping pitching documents and funding applications
• Creating and maintaining budgets and basic accounts for projects
• Seeking / liaising with contributors, organisations, experts, advisors
• Liaising with the director, editors, exec producers, funders, creative consultants to feed into the production of taster tapes and treatments
• Establishing and maintaining an efficient, cloud-based administration system for all projects
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• A track record of developing documentary ideas that have been commissioned, sold or funded
• An active interest in documentary, and an awareness of the past and present landscape and potential gaps
• Experience in writing high quality pitch documents and funding applications. Pitching experience desirable
• Excellent written English and communication skills
• A track record in researching and casting contributors. International experience desirable
• Some technical understanding of production
DESIRED SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Flexibility and resilience – ability to be flexible and respond positively to changes that occur, whether that be changes in one's own job requirements, a change in project direction, dealing with limitations of COVID or team limitations. Ability to listen and learn from others and not take things too personally. Ability to use initiative to creatively adapt approach to deal with problems or changes in requirements.
• Passion- this job has the potential for much ownership and creativity. The director is very supportive of initiative and ambition and loves creative collaboration. Please only consider this role if you feel genuinely excited about it.
• Independence and initiative– You will need to be able to work efficiently remotely. Whilst you will work closely with (and be supported by) the director and other team members, it is important you can use your own initiative for creative thinking, problem solving, decision making, planning.
• Diversity, equality, ethics – all of the subjects will require sensitivity, discretion, thoughtfulness and awareness throughout. Appropriate communication with contributors and in all external comms, and in handling confidential and/or controversial information with tact and sensitivity is essential.
• Sustainability and the environment- Satya Films strives to be as sustainable as possible and requires contractors be mindful of this whilst working across all projects.
• Some experience in contract writing, and an understanding of legal and rights issues relating to digital media content.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a CV and a brief cover letter that outlines relevant experience, why you are the right person for the role and why you would like to work with Satya Films. Please include examples of successful funding bids and / or commissions.
Please briefly outline two documentaries you like and why.
Please include your location and your expected freelance daily rate.