We are hiring! Seeking talented Producer with commercial and documentary experience
Tender for Branded Content Producer with experience in documentaries
Type: Freelance, part time Fixed term contract. 24 days between August - November 2022
Fee: £250 per day
Reporting to: Director
Applicaition deadline: 1st July
Location: As the position is remote, applications are welcomed from anywhere within the UK, but we would love applications from Cornwall.
Satya films is looking to recruit an experienced and passionate branded content producer who will work under the direct supervision of the managing Director, Sky Neal. The focus of the role will be to set-up a strategic programme to grow the commercial and branded content arm of the company, as well as the strategic development of the current documentary slate.
The right candidate will be directly focused on increasing the company's commercial client connections and also sourcing new documentary commissions. You will demonstrate a clear understanding of Satya's unique selling points and will use these to strengthen Satya's presence within both the documentary and commercial and branded content market.
You will also have experience in writing or adapting high quality pitch decks and treatments.
The role will start in August 22, timed to coincide with the launch of Satya's new website. This gives the successful candidate four weeks to create and implement a strategy which can be executed from the day of the website launch and will provide time to feed your expertise into the details of the branding and website.
• Rigorously research and test ideas, and establish a clear strategy (with support of director) to increase client base and secure commissions, drawing on Satya's USP's.
• Build a database of potential clients.
• Actively connect with potential clients, platforms and broadcasters with creativity and initiative (with the support of the director).
• Write pitching documents and pitch decks where needed.
• Liaise with the director, creative team and creative consultants.
• Advise on overall tool kit including website, show reel, social media.
• Actively engage in social media channels and develop effective on-going communication strategy.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• A track record of developing commercial / branded content work.
• A track record of producing documentary.
• Experience in writing high quality pitch documents. Pitching experience desirable
• Excellent written English and communication skills
• Some technical understanding of production
DESIRED SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Flexibility and resilience – ability to be flexible and respond positively to changes that occur, whether that be changes in one's own job requirements, a change in project direction, dealing with limitations of COVID or team limitations. Ability to listen and learn from others and not take things too personally. Ability to use initiative to creatively adapt approach to deal with problems or changes in requirements.
• Passion- this job has the potential for much ownership and creativity. The director is very supportive of initiative and ambition and loves creative collaboration. Please only consider this role if you feel genuinely excited about it.
• Independence and initiative– You will need to be able to work efficiently remotely. Whilst you will work closely with (and be supported by) the director and other team members, it is important you can use your own initiative for creative thinking, problem solving, decision making, planning.
• Diversity, equality, ethics – all of the subjects will require sensitivity, discretion, thoughtfulness and awareness throughout. Appropriate communication with contributors and in all external comms.
• Sustainability and the environment- Satya Films strives to be as sustainable as possible and requires contractors be mindful of this whilst working across all projects.
• Some experience in contract writing, and an understanding of legal and rights issues relating to digital media content.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a CV and a brief cover letter that outlines relevant experience and why you interested in the role.
Please send any enquiries and completed applications to email@example.com with the subject line Producer application.
Please include your location.